[Pmwiki-users] PITS / SQL-base

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Aug 29 07:05:31 CDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 12:34:06PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> Pm, I like this PITS, it look very good for creating any form of requests
> or guestbook-entries or any discussion-forums.
> Is it include in PMwiki2-devel or is it an own modul ? Is it possible to
> publish this (e.g. as an cookbook entry) ?

At the moment it's just a local customization on pmwiki.org, and it's
*very* PmWiki specific.  I literally threw it together last week when I
realized that I didn't want to be using SourceForge's bug tracker and that we
probably needed something slightly more structured than simple wiki pages.

So, it probably needs a bit of cleanup and maturity and then I'll issue
it as a Cookbook module.

> Another question:  with php5 sqllite-support is included, so a "cheap" (no
> extra db-installation required) sql-solution would be possible for use with
> pmwiki. So could be SQLLite support also be possible for pmwiki ? If not
> yet implemented, would it be an interesting feature ?

The page storage mechanism in PmWiki 2.x is completely pluggable, so it
shouldn't be difficult at all to incorporate php5 sqllite support.
It might indeed be an interesting/useful module.