[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki password puzzles

Alexandre Courbot Alexandre.Courbot
Mon Aug 30 08:26:26 CDT 2004

>>*** Q1: Any one have comments in favor of or against switching to
>>session-based authentication as the default?
>

> Seems like a good optimization for the common case.

I think too. I've just set up the devel version of PmWiki to start a new
site, and unfortunately I'm in the case where I can't use HTTP-based
authentication. And I don't have a sessionauth script with this version.

Anyway, using session-based authentication by default is not really
likely to bother people (and if it does, they should be able to include
an httpauth script).

#2 is good IMO, since the levels are inclusive. #3 might allow a user to
have access to a page he shouldn't, if by chance they have the same
password (even though the user doesn't know it).

Alex.
--
Alexandre Courbot
PhD Student - LIFL/RD2P