[Pmwiki-users] Per-page customized sidebars

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Aug 30 18:26:18 CDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:50:25PM +0200, Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> What would be great would be the ability to use page and group names to
> generate links in general. For instance, about the customizable sidebar
> stuff, one could have a special page (say SideBarCustoms) which would
> contain:
> [...]
> [:include SideBarCustoms #{$PageName}custom#end{$PageName}custom:]
> And there you could really do some sidebar customization. Among plenty
> of other things I haven't thought about.

I have the feeling that this particular feature is a bit too complex
for inclusion in the base-level code, or should be called something
besides a plain "include".  But it could be easily added as a cookbook
module or custom markup.

> Another random suggestion: it should be possible to avoid including the
> anchor when including part of a page. [...]
> Actually I've never been in need to use the anchors that have been
> included, so I'd suggest it to be the default behavior.

There's some merit to that--any comments from others about this?

(Actually, I'm planning to rebuild the [:include ...:] functionality
along the lines of some off-list discussions, and will describe it
later in another message.)