[Pmwiki-users] Per-page customized sidebars

Knut Alboldt mailing
Tue Aug 31 04:08:41 CDT 2004

At 10:02 31.08.2004, Alex wrote:
>  > In the Cookbook for pmwiki v1.x I described a possibility to use
>>groupspecific sidebars. Should be easy to customize it to use
>>pagespecific as well. Ok, the disadvantage is, that you have to define an
>>include for each pagename explicitly.
>>see: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IfGroup
>
>Uh, great. I think it won't be hard to adapt it to my needs. And it's
>exactly what I was looking for (i.e. all the customization centralized).
>
>Mind if I add ifpage/ifnotpage markup and update your script on the cookbook?

no, not at all, would be a good expansion ! I also thounght about a change
so you could use pmwiki-vars in the text following the =if.. tag, e.g.

=ifpage pageprefix*  [[include:${group}.${pagename}SideBar]]
or
=ifgroup groupprefix*  [[include:${group}.SideBar]]
or
=ifgroup group1,group2,group3  [[include:${group}.SideBar]]

then it would be more flexible. But aigain, thats a bit more work and I
think I've enough construction-sites at the moment :-)

I think in version 2 this will all become obsolete, cause the will be an
if-tag.