[Pmwiki-users] Is it possible to create forms in PmWiki?

Neil Herber nospam
Thu Dec 2 13:23:53 CST 2004

At 2004-12-02  12:36 PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:56:46PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> >
> > 1) Create a form that users can fill in. The form action could invoke a
> > non-PmWiki page.
>
>Sure, just create a specialized markup to do what you want.
>For example, here's a version of the (:searchbox:) which provides
>a search form:
>
>Markup('searchbox','>links','/\\(:searchbox:\\)/',
>   "<form class='wikisearch' action='$ScriptUrl' method='get'>
>    <input type='hidden' name='pagename' value='Main/SearchWiki' />
>    <input class='wikisearchbox' type='text' name='q' value='' size='40' />
>    <input class='wikisearchbutton' type='submit' value='$[Search]'
> /></form>");
>
>You can make the form as complex as you wish.

Excellent!

Please forgive my (evidently limitless) ignorance, but where do I put this
specialized markup? Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines implies that such things
should go into a Cookbook directory - or perhap a Local directory - I am
not sure. Do I also have to then "include_once('cookbook/recipe.php')" in a
"local customization file"?? Again I have no idea what to name or where to
locate the customization file, and the link on Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines is
not defined.

> > 2) Do the equivalent of  <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/whatever.pl" -->
>
>You need a function for this one -- something along the lines of
>the X-Include: script.  I'll write something up for this.
>Do you need it to appear in the middle of a wiki content or
>in the skin template?

For my purposes, I want the results in the Wiki content (the body of the
page). Others may have different desires. As I am typing this, your new
recipe has arrived.

> > 3) Insert raw HTML on some pages.
>
>Take a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EnableHTML
>(just updated).  It provides a recipe for enabling selected
>raw HTML.

I did look at this just before sending the original query, but it seems to
open the entire Wiki to the allowed HTML. I want to restrict the scope to
selected pages that will be locked to editing.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668