[Pmwiki-users] the descriptions of emphasis

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Dec 7 07:40:33 CST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:01:34AM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:

> The (:command args...:) syntax is a good example.  It's simple,
> consistent, and powerful.  But maybe that's already too
> complicated for end users.
>
> We also have %command% forms.  I'm not real sure what the
> distinction is here; perhaps somebody could expand on this?

They're different things.  (:directive args...:) generally does
something powerful, either removing or adding text in the markup, or
changing the overall page semantics.

%style% applies a formatting style to the text that follows on the same
line, as in  %red% this text is red and %blue% this text is blue.