[Pmwiki-users] Sharing GroupHeader among groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 9 09:45:28 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 04:33:26PM +0000, jmp at mrjmp.plus.com wrote:

>    Apologies,  I  should  have  said, I'm running v1.0.8 and that include
>    syntax doesn't seem to work. Is that right?

Yup, that's right, that syntax doesn't work in 1.0.8, and apparently
somewhere along the way I've caused [[include:]] to stop working in
headers and footers (it used to work a very long time ago, but I'm
looking at the 1.0.x code now and it's no longer programmed that way
for some reason).

Well, you can do what you asked (i.e., get groups to share the same
GroupHeader) by setting the $GroupHeaderFmt variable as a local
customization:

   $GroupHeaderFmt = 'GroupA.GroupHeader';

will cause PmWiki to always use GroupA.GroupHeader.  This can be
done in a per-group customization so that it only affects that group.

Or, if you'd prefer that the [[include:]] syntax be enabled in headers
and footers, I can issue a new release of 1.0.x that fixes that particular
oversight.