[Pmwiki-users] password admin for uploads

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Dec 10 12:03:37 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 12:09:01PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> 1) How can I set the default upload password to nothing (no password
> required)? The Wiki I want to do this on is inside a protected realm, and
> users don't seem to be keen on remembering or entering additional passwords.

$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '';

This probably belongs in the docs somewhere.

> 2) Where the heck are all these passwords stored? (The group/page ones in
> particular.) I can see the defaults all being in config.php, but how do I
> see/set/change these other ones?

Page passwords are stored in the individual page files; group passwords
are stored in the GroupAttributes page.

> ... Hmm... As I was writing this I was popping back to PmWiki.org to make
> sure my page references were correct. Lo! and Behold! I found yet another
> page called Passwords which duplicates some of the material on
> PasswordAdmin and explains the "how" part of question 2 above.
>
> I would suggest combining the two pages.

They're intended for two different audiences -- the Passwords page is
intended for authors who wish to protect a page and describes what can be
done through ?action=attr, while the PasswordsAdmin page is intended for
site administrators and describes how things work at the site configuration
level.  Combining them might tend to confuse authors who aren't admins.

Maybe better is to have PasswordsAdmin include an explicit reference
that says "before reading this, be sure you've read PmWiki.Passwords"?