[Pmwiki-users] Add a date/time option for viewing an old version of a page

chr@home.se chr
Sat Dec 11 15:09:56 CST 2004

Hi

Here's an idea for a feature which I've found that I'd like to have.

I'd like to be able to see a page as it appeared on a given date/time, and
ideally all page links would then also go to pages at that date/time.

For instance, I'd like the URI

	http://www.pmwiki.org/Group/Page?time=20:03

to show me the page as it appeared at 20:03 today, and I'd like

	http://www.pmwiki.org/Group/Page?time=20:03&date=2004-12-01

to show me the page as it appeared at 2004-12-01 20:03. Ideally these
parameters would be sticky, so links to other pages would automatically
get 'time=..&date=...' appended to their URIs.

Editing a page will not be possible here of course (unless we add a
'revert' button instead of 'edit'). And we'd also need a button to go to
the latest version of the page.

Does this sound like something useful?  Would it be supported by the
current (pmwiki2) implementation of how pages/diffs are stored?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr