[Pmwiki-users] local install

Ciaran ciaranj
Wed Dec 15 23:35:56 CST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:10:44 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm also playing a bit with nanoweb -- it's a webserver written
> entirely in PHP, so Apache isn't needed.
>
> How many people would be interested in having a standalone Windows
> distribution of PmWiki -- i.e., something that combined PmWiki, PHP,
> and a webserver in a single .zip file?  Would it be a big bonus to be
> able to install+run this from a removable medium such as a flash
> memory disk?
>
> Pm
>
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:25:06AM +0100, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> > It installs easy on xampp. On my configuration (which is plain standard)
> > it looks:
> > C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\pmwiki
> >
> > Stephan.
> >
> > Constantin Basturea wrote:
> >
> > >Yes, "locally" means "not on the network", i.e. only on my desktop --
> > >sorry for the confusion. Since I have Windows XP I was thinking that
> > >maybe I could use IIS.
> > >
> > >I'm downloading XAMPP right now, and I hope I'll manage to install it
> > >without further ado :)
> > >
> > >Thank you!
> > >Constantin
> > >

> > --

I think you know my answer to this one Pm ;) Do be aware that nanoweb
has a bug when running under windows that means every 7th (Roughly)
refresh it causes a fatal exception.  I've tracked this down and fixed
it on my local copy of nanoweb if you want the fix.  I emailed the
author but he/she never got back to me :(
- ciaran

--
- Ciaran