[Pmwiki-users] re:local install

Ciaran ciaranj
Thu Dec 16 00:28:59 CST 2004

On my current SPEWS  (Standalone php enabled web server) setup its
~20Meg + size of the wiki.d folder + size of the uploads folder.  If
thats any help ? Thats plenty for a 64Meg USB drive.  However imho
nanoweb is not an ideal webserver, when running under windows it
appears to run in a single threaded mode which means its next to
impossible (it is possible, but not nice) for multiple users to browse
the wiki at the same time.

Fortunately in my case I don't want this as I use it as a form of
offline searchable help, and for that it works pretty darn good :)

- Ciaran

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:23:59 +0100, JCG <wiki at jcgg.net> wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>
> >I'm also playing a bit with nanoweb -- it's a webserver written
> >entirely in PHP, so Apache isn't needed.
> >
> >How many people would be interested in having a standalone Windows
> >distribution of PmWiki -- i.e., something that combined PmWiki, PHP,
> >and a webserver in a single .zip file?  Would it be a big bonus to be
> >able to install+run this from a removable medium such as a flash
> >memory disk?
> >
> >Pm
>
> Hello,
> Yes indeed, I would be very much interested to have a running mock-up on a pluggable device such as an USB memory stick! What is approximatively the total volume?
>
> Jean-Claude
>
> --

- Ciaran