[Pmwiki-users] Re: local install

blader_se on6nk4p02
Thu Dec 16 00:48:54 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> I'm also playing a bit with nanoweb -- it's a webserver written
> entirely in PHP, so Apache isn't needed.
>
> How many people would be interested in having a standalone Windows
> distribution of PmWiki -- i.e., something that combined PmWiki, PHP,
> and a webserver in a single .zip file?  Would it be a big bonus to be
> able to install+run this from a removable medium such as a flash
> memory disk?
>
> Pm

I'd like that. Don't know about the removable medium bonus...
I have previously run apache on a (windows) machine with a
(windows) shortcut to a removable media where I used to
store all my perl cgi scripts.
That worked for me.

Beside using it for my everyday notes, my primary use would be to test
out new configurations, settings and cookbook entries. So if there was
an easy way to move/merge my local changes to my external web host, that would
be a great bonus.

My primary wishes would be for a small footprint and easy installation.

/mac