[Pmwiki-users] Default Passwords (was: pmwiki2 beta10 fresh installation)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 16 13:23:42 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 07:24:16PM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> After configuring the  redirection I had to include in config.php
> $UploadUrlFmt = ...path to upload directory
> Maybe $UploadUrlFmt could be included in the sample config (commented
> out)? Could it be renamed $UploadDirUrl to stand beside $PubDirUrl?

Not without breaking a lot of existing sites.  Plus it needs to be
listed as $...Fmt variable since $-substitutions are performed on it.
I might be able to make $UploadUrlFmt and $UploadDirUrl into synonyms.

> Passwords:
> With no passwords configured in config in the fresh installation
> ?action=attr lead to a request for a password, with no clue anywhere
> what that may be.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin discusses it...

   By default, $DefaultPasswords is set with empty read, edit,
   and attr passwords and locked admin and upload passwords.
   In addition, as distributed, the Main.GroupAttributes and
   PmWiki.GroupAttributes have locked attr passwords on them
   to prevent authors from setting passwords on pages in those groups.
   (To change these passwords, use Main.GroupAttributes?action=attr or
   PmWiki.GroupAttributes?action=attr.)

I suppose it would help to mention in sample-config.php that these
groups are locked by default.  Another possibility is to ship PmWiki
with the groups unlocked and leave it up to an administrator to
lock them if that's desired.