[Pmwiki-users] Compatibility with PHP 4.3.10?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Dec 18 15:30:25 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 02:13:57PM -0500, Doug Porteous wrote:
> I browsed this list's message archives but was unable to locate anything
> related to compatibility between PmWiki and PHP version 4.3.10.
>
> Yesterday (Dec. 17, 2004), my PmWiki-based site was working; today it is
> 'broken'. All of my other PHP-based software seems to be functioning. In IE,
> I get a message stating "The page cannot be displayed". In Firefox, I get a
> blank page (Page Source shows only a set of matching HTML and BODY tags).

It seems almost certain that this is due to a configuration error with
whoever upgraded to 4.3.10.  However, I'll see if I can get 4.3.10
installed on one of my unix-based systems just to verify that the
problem isn't in PmWiki.

I do know that on Wednesday I had PmWiki running with PHP 4.3.10 under
Windows using the php install package from php.net.  (I was playing with
building a standalone instance of PmWiki).  From that I would infer that
there's nothing specific about PHP 4.3.10 that would cause PmWiki to fail.