[Pmwiki-users] clean PmWiki URL

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 20 11:59:30 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 01:35:18PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:
> Just FYI, here's how I'm doing this.  This seems simpler,
> but of course you need root access to the server.
>
> I renamed pmwiki.php to index.php, and then added an alias to the
> mod_alias section of httpd.conf:
>       [...]
> 	Alias /wiki "/path/to/wiki/index.php"
> [...]
> Now I'm not sure if I needed to rename the file.  Hah.

Yes, using Alias is much simpler -- this is the way I normally
set up servers whenever I can.  Unfortunately, most web hosting
environments don't give you the ability to define your own aliases
this way.

The file can be named anything you want as long as it ends in .php.
I've always used

   Alias /wiki "/path/to/wiki/pmwiki.php"

myself, so that I don't have to remember to copy/rename pmwiki.php to
index.php when I do an upgrade.