[Pmwiki-users] IE

Tom Holroyd tomh
Tue Dec 21 05:04:49 CST 2004

> if (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE') != false) {
>   $HTMLHeaderFmt['msie'] =
>     "<link rel='stylesheet' href='\$SkinDirUrl/msie.css' type='text/css' />";
> }
>
> If you want to go the other way -- i.e., to include styles only if
> the browser is not MSIE, then just change "!= false" above to
> be "== false" instead.

Thanks.

I've read a little about it, including ALA, but I've come to the
conclusion that I don't feel the need to fill my CSS with
voice-family hacks and so on in order to support a buggy,
standards non-compliant browser that you shouldn't use anyway
because of all the security flaws.  :-)

Not to mention that I haven't even been able to figure out _how_
to hack around some of the bugs.  So I'm going to use different
CSS.  I think it might make more sense to try harder to fix it in
the case where the HTML is _not_ generated dynamically, but since
it is ...