[Pmwiki-users] Merging Groups

Hans Bracker design
Fri Dec 24 02:35:47 CST 2004

Friday, December 24, 2004, 7:22:12 AM, philippe wrote:
> I have come to realise that I have been using Wiki incorrectly, creating
> two groups where only one was needed, and I'd like to switch to categories
> instead.

> Is there a less painful way to transfer pages from one group to another ?

Download all page files in the wiki.d folder, then do a text search and
replace on those files  replacing your unwanted group names with your
desired one. Save the files and rename the files which shall have a
new group name. Then upload the lot again to wiki.d. With luck all the
links which needed changing are changeg, but better double check.

for just a few files its less pain to just copy and paste contents
into new pages.

Best,
~Hans