[Pmwiki-users] (:noleft:) layout questions

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Fri Dec 24 19:59:10 CST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:10:17 +0000, Hans Bracker <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
> The standard css solution for multi-columns is to use wide side margins
> to give space for the column at the side. If you then use (:noleft:) for
> example the left sidebar disappears, but an empty wide margin is still
> there instead.
>
> If I float the left sidebar-column the main content
> will wrap around it. To avoid this I would need to make the left
> column artificially long. Is there a css way to make the main content
> appear in a rectangle so that it does not wrap? Or do I have to
> introduce a table with at least one cell to contain the content?

Well, I can't think offhand of how to change the margins on the fly,
but have you tried height: 100%; or a similar number for making it
artificially tall?

I shall have to play with (:noleft:) and (:noheader:) when making my
skin now.  Anyone know of other directives I need to test for?

Bronwyn