[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Author tracking questions

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Feb 1 12:39:17 CST 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:57:24PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > >From Pm:
> > >
> > >Good point, but I think I'd like the space to be optional, so that I can
> > >sign as "--Pm".  So maybe something like
> > >	"(?:^|\\s)--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\$".
> >
> > Looks good to me. For that matter, I wouldn't mind prohibiting the space
> > completely (although I think should still be rendered with a space).
>
> Well, if it renders with a space then a space should be allowed in
> the markup.  Indeed, I was thinking that the space would be rendered
> or not rendered depending on if it was in the markup or not.  Sometimes
> I prefer "--Pm" over "-- Pm".

I see you like to vary yourself ;-)

> > A note though: Something like this will also trigger the pattern:
> >
> > 	'    --Verbose-Option'
>
> True.  And should we allow italics or WikiStyles around signatures,
> as in '''--Pm'''?  If so, then the end-of-line anchor doesn't quite
> worked, we'd want the regex to be something like
> '(?:^|\\s)--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\W*\\$'.

At first I was going to suggest we should use a wiki style for
this... i.e. we don't allow ''' but if the user has defined a wiki style
called:

	%define=signature color=red%

it will be used. Or, if we could have a style like this:

	%define=signature style="<style-definition>"%

But I guess it's easier to do it your way :-)

> Should we allow usernames to begin with a lowercase letter?  I vote yes.

I vote yes too (I've always used 'chr' as my signature).

/Christian