[Pmwiki-users] FYI: Edit page of a MoinMoin wiki

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Sun Feb 1 15:19:49 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:43:51PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Some things to note:
> * There's a message at the top, saying that other users will be warned
>   that you are editing the page for the next 5 minutes or so.

Nice.

> * A link for changing the size of the editor form

No idea how MoinMoin Wikis do that, but couldn't that be done using a
javascript which modifies the css of the textbox?

> * A field for attaching comments to the change

I've already said that something like this would be great. It should be
listed on the RecentChanges page, so that you can easily check what was
changed and if it could be interesting.

> * MoinMoin has something called categories, and through the edit page
>   you can add the page you to a category.

We have groups :-) In addition I've seen Wikis simply using a WikiPage
as category and all pages being a member included the WikiPage name. So
the search could find all pages that are in CategoryWikiPage e.g.

> * A checkbox that prevents mail notification of the change
>   (Patrick: This is actually what I was thinking of in the other mail,
>    when I wrote about skipping change tracking).

What about calling that "minor change"? E.g. if you simply  correct some
spelling or similar. It might not be listed on RecentChanges too then?

> * A button to do spell checking

Ieek :)

     Balu