[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Authors/Users WikiGroup?

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Feb 3 07:50:21 CST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, John Feezell wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:16:31 +0100, Christian Ridderstr??m <chr at home.se>
> wrote:

> >> Allowing "--username" as markup at the end of a line is still just a
> >> proposed addition at the moment--it hasn't necessarily been adopted
> >> (although there seems to be fairly strong support).  Plus, there are
> >> times when I might want to make reference to another person in the
> >> middle of a paragraph, as in
> >>
> >>    Contributors/{{Scott}} says that Contributors/{{Pm}} is allowed
> >>    to do what Pm wants ala Larry Wall.
> >
> > Just to try out the above sentence with different alternatives:
> >

>    Here is another possibility that highlights the collaborative aspect of
> a wiki.
>
>       Partners: An associate who works with others toward a common goal
>
>       Partners/{{Scott}} says that Partners/{{Pm}} is allowed...

More alternatives: 'Members' or 'Comrades' (from associates :-)

        Members/{{Scott}} says that Partners/{{Pm}} is allowed...

as in: member -- (one of the persons who compose a social group
(especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group
organization);  "only members will be admitted"; "a member of the
faculty"; "she was introduced to all the members of his family")

/Christian