[Pmwiki-users] List of backward references

Nils Knappmeier nk
Wed Feb 4 02:29:27 CST 2004

>Sounds like a nice feature, but won't that slow down the system a lot?  It
>will now be performing a search for all other pages in the system that
>reference itself.  50% of the time the information may not be used, but the
>search will be done anyways.

Well, in that special case, I think you could increase efficiency by
saving a list of references for each page and update it,
when a page is changed. This should be posssible with near-constant
complexity.
That, of course isn't possible just like that right now. I wonder how
much effort it would be...

Nils