[Pmwiki-users] Minor point about minor edits

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 5 11:40:46 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:38:40AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> > It seems to me that the a minor edit should remain a minor edit during
> > the restore action unless the minor checkbox is unchecked by the used.
>
> But it's not the same edit!  When someone restores a page they are
> simply replacing it's content with what it had at some point in the
> past.  Any number of changes could have happened since then.  Would
> you really want restoring a minor edit that was done 2 weeks ago to
> still be considered minor today when it could possibly induce major
> changes in page from the previous edit?

The way this would have to be done is that a restore edit would default
to minor only if *all* of the edits performed since the version being
restored are minor edits.  I can add this in if a lot of people think
it's important to do so, otherwise I'm going to let the checkbox remain
blank.