[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Mail interface for adding to pages (was Action or form a new page)

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Feb 5 23:40:13 CST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I was going to have the mail software completely ignore any
> directives that have been quoted-- i.e., the directive has to be at
> the beginning of the line to be processed.

Brilliant!

> > > Also, everyone on the list can see that this text was posted.
> >
> > It'd be nice if the people on the list can "see" that you've also sent it
> > to the gateway, instead of just inferring it from the use of this markup.
> > Or is this not necessary?

> Another approach is to have the gateway set up as a moderated listserv,
> so that postings to the wiki can be viewed/approved by a moderator
> before they are processed. And the moderated listserv can be configured
> to accept postings from some addresses without moderation.

Ok. I guess we can start without that.

> > I can't remember if this already has been said, but the 'wiki mail
> > gateway' (?) (or 'wiki gateway' for short), will send a reply with
> > information about the result, right?
>
> Yes, I believe it should do that by default, unless there's a "noreply"
> directive or something.  :-)

I don't think we need a [[noreply]], you can always set up your own filter
that thrashes the mails from the mail gateway.

Have you started a development page for this topic yet?

I guess the EBNF for the mail gateway markup is currently:

   append     ::= ^ '[[append:' page-reference ['#' anchor] ']]'
   append-end ::= ^ '[[append:]]'

   prepend     ::= ^ '[[prepend:' page-reference ['#' anchor] ']]'
   prepend-end ::= ^ '[[prepend:]]'

But I can't remember if you said what you thought about being able to
specify where the text will be appeneded by giving the name of an anchor?

I must say I'm looking forward to being able to use this functionality.

/Christian

PS. Here's a link to this thread on Gmane:
	http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/2371
we should put that link on the development page for this.