[Pmwiki-users] Re: Math->image using LaTeX (was Re: More blue skye stuff...)

Robin Sheat robin
Fri Feb 6 00:35:21 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:31:12PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> Is $ ... $ inline math or display math in Latex? (and what's the other?)
$ $ is inline, \begin{displaymath} is display math. There is another,
shorter, form of it too, but I can't remember either of where it is, or
where my LaTeX reference is (that said, I don't think I've seen the
latter for the better part of a year)

> But about the MD5 hash... what's the likelyhood of a false positive?
> Don't we also need to maintain an exact copy of the latex code?
It would be very minimal. MD5 gives you 128 bits of uniqueness, which is
a reasonable number. If you wanted to be extra careful (can't hurt),
then make the name be GroupName-PageName-MD5.png (however, if you have
one equation show up a lot in a group, you may want to shorten it to
GroupName-MD5.png to save on space)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663