[Pmwiki-users] Building WikiGroups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 9 08:08:57 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:20:55PM +0100, Thomas N. Burg wrote:
> So it's like building the group "fun" than build the page "fun"  (it
> has to have the same name) within the group "fun"
> that is not very intuitive or did I miss something?

Good question.  I think it's just a difference in perception about how
PmWiki organizes pages.  One does not really "build groups" in PmWiki,
one builds pages which happen to be organized into groups.  But there's
no special operation that is performed to create a group other than to
create a page within that group.

> I'd rather like to access the group via
> http://wiki.randgaenge.net/pmwiki.php/BlogTalks/ without building a
> page with the same name as the group

What do you mean by "access the group", if not to access a web page
of some sort?  And if you do want to access a wiki page, then what
do you want the name of that page to be (i.e., what should appear
in the page title at the top of the page)?  We can probably come up
with a local customization to achieve the effect you want.