[Pmwiki-users] right and center alignment

Nathan Jones njones
Tue Feb 10 08:03:14 CST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:28:36 -0700, Pm wrote:
>In some sense we could do best by introducing it as a WikiStyle

I agree with using WikiStyles for this. I can't imagine that people will
need to centre or right-justify text often enough to justify simple
markup. (But I could certainly be wrong!)

My concern with using markup like "> |" is that it's not immediately
intuitive for authors who are unfamiliar with it. At least %align=right%
gives an indication about what it does.

By contrast, markup that is used frequently is suited to being simple,
because:

1. The basics (eg. * = list item, !! = heading) are very easy to pick up
and rather logical.

2. If a markup is used frequently, authors will learn it through exposure
to it.

--
Nathan Jones
Phone: 03 8687 5905