[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: more --signature markup thoughts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 10 18:32:56 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:25:05PM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> Actually, it's not. That's just my repeated characterization of it as
> seen from the perspective of a naive user. (Or my imagination of how a
> naive user would think coupled with how I want things to work ;-)
>
> > So why not generalise this and allow an administrator to
> > specify other group name shortcuts?
>
> I believe that administrators can already define whatever "shortcuts"
> they want in local.php.

Scott has it correct--administrators can generally define other group
name shortcuts via $DoubleBrackets.

The point of the ~ markup is to just provide a shorthand for usernames,
and to keep usernames from being totally referred by the Profiles group.

At present I'm continuing to go with {{~username}} over {{~/username}},
by way of analogy with unix and web conventions as well as being one
less character to type.