[Pmwiki-users] Setting Sidebar to ThisGroup:SideBar

Richard Canning elindal
Thu Feb 12 03:37:31 CST 2004

In order for me to change the SideBar in a group called Test I have had to
add the following to Test.phpB

$PageLayoutFmt['wikileft'] = "wiki:Test.SideBar";

What I am wanting to do is put into local.php something that will change
the defult of the sidebar to be whatever the current group is then the
page under that group called SideBar.

I was hoping something like
  $PageLayourFmt['wikileft'] = "ThisGroup:SideBar";
would work, but it doesn't.

Ultimately I would like to have it use ThisGroup:SideBar if there is a
sidebar file for that group, and use Main.Sidebar if it doesn't. I have
absolutely no idea how to do this.

Also, many of the people I do sites for like to have the sidebar on the
right instead of on the left, would it be easy/possible to have it so that
the sidebar has an option that allows you to chose the side, which could
then default to left?

Thanks for the wonderful work on V0.6beta. It looks great.

Richard Canning