[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Call For Directory Simplicity

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Feb 14 11:08:59 CST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:23:05AM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:
> >
> > Is it too convoluted to have more than one local directory, and that
> > local is something never overwritten? For example, your (localized) CSS
> > could go in /pub/local/css...
>
> It's not too convoluted, but I don't think PmWiki needs to impose a
> particular structure on pub/.

Good point.

Although we might consider put up some different suggestions/alternatives
on a wiki-page though (save other people from thinking :-)

> A site admin can create a pub/local/ subdirectory if desired and PmWiki
> will never write anything in it.
>
> Starting with the next (beta) release, the only file that PmWiki will
> create in any directory with "local" in it will be local/.htaccess.

This I don't understand... are you talking about when you extract the
files from the archive, or the future setup script?

/Christian