[Pmwiki-users] Using CVS or something

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 17 11:28:44 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:17:50PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > Released in 0.6.beta17.
>
> I hope you'll consider using a CVS server or something for the next
> release cycle (0.7 presumably). It'd be so much easier being able to do
> 	cd ~/public_html/pmwiki; cvs up -d
> in order to update a beta or a development installation.

Part of the problem is that I already have my own CVS repository that
I've been using since pmwiki-0.2, and
  1. I don't know of an easy way to make it publicly available on
     my (shared virtual) server
  2. I don't know of a good way to upload the CVS repository to another
     site (e.g., sourceforge) without starting a new repository and
     losing the log/edit history
  3. I prefer to use the CVS on my local server

I suppose one possibility would be for me to keep two CVS repositories,
one on my local server (for development) and one on a public CVS server
such as sourceforge for distribution, and modify my release script to
update the public one as well.  I'll look into this.