[Pmwiki-users] Re: Getting rid of the group 'Main'

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 17 21:52:17 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 05:39:55AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >   # change the location of the SearchWiki page
> >   XLSDV('en',array('Main/SearchWiki'=>'Site/SearchWiki'));
> > [...]
> > Upon looking at this I suppose that I really should change the
> > $RecentChanges array to use '$DefaultGroup.AllRecentChanges' instead
> > of 'Main.AllRecentChanges' (doing this would make this last part
> > unnecessary).
>
> Probably, IMO it's also more consistent with the principle of least
> surprise.

Actually, I suspect it would be a big surprise if changing $DefaultGroup
suddenly caused the search to stop working because it was looking in
the wrong place.  Even you ran into this, with...

> Works like I charm, but you have to create that page before it works in
> practice.

So, I think I'll leave it as Main/SearchWiki and we'll document it in
the "how do I change the default group?" section.