[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Getting rid of the group 'Main'

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Feb 17 23:00:21 CST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> In some twisted sense perhaps the fact that "Main" is not a particularly
> good group name works somewhat to PmWiki's advantage, since it's not
> likely that someone will want to use "Main" as a group name for
> something else.

This part is a bit weak :-)  The work "Main" sort of reminds me of
"primary", as in this is the "primary" group, i.e. the "main" group of
this site.

> IOW, it's just good enough to get things started, but also entices
> admins to soon ask "How can I change this to something better?" and then
> they can pick a name that's extremely appropriate for their site, as you
> have done with "LyX".  I know, it's a weak argument, but... :-)

But this part is not so bad. As long as the administrator can *change* the
name, it doesn't matter that much what the initial name is. It might even
be as you say, and we should encourage the administrator to come up with a
suitable group name, by giving a *really* *bad* initial name ;-)

/Christian