[Pmwiki-users] Skins

Bob Dively dive
Sat Feb 21 13:47:40 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud said:

> Is there *anyone* out there who thinks the new layout scheme is a
> good way to go?  Based on the amount of negative feedback coming across
> the listserv I'm tempted to just scrap the whole thing and start
> over.

I don't have any problems with it because it does everything that I want
it to do. However, I do see how someone might find it confusing,
particularly somebody who isn't a programmer.

Other apps I've looked with templating/skinning systems allow a designer
to come up with some pretty html into which variables representing
application blocks/sections are placed by a programmer. Perhaps people are
finding PmWiki skinning confusing because a lot of it takes place within
config.php which is a program file and not a layout file.

cheers,
-b