[Pmwiki-users] New Template Comments (Dreamweaver)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 22 21:49:46 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 11:07:42PM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:
> >>My only nitpick about the new templates - and it's a very, very small
> >>nitpick - is the use of html comments as section delimiters.
>
> Good, I'm glad to hear that. Like I said, my experience with WYSIWYG
> html editors is pretty limited (and I hope it stays that way).

Even so, I think I will probably allow [!--PageLayoutFmt--] as an alternate
syntax for <!--PageLayout-->.

> Looking back at PM's original "Major change to layout code likely
> (again!)" email he says:
>
> > The HTML comment <!--PageText--> indicates the point at which the main
> > page content should be inserted into the HTML.
>
> To me, it sounds like <!--PageText--> *inserts* the page content, while
> the other html comments just delineate page sections.

Almost.
   <!--wiki:Main.SideBar--> inserts the contents of the Main.SideBar page.
   <!--file:somefile.php--> inserts the contents of somefile.php
   <!--function:SomeFunc--> inserts the output of a call to SomeFunc.