[Pmwiki-users] Announcement: pmwiki 0.6.1 released with MAJOR layout change (template skins)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 22 22:16:04 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:05:13PM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> Having templates like this sounds like a good idea. I should probably
> give you time to update PmWiki.LayoutBasics first, but what the hell -
> I'll ask anyway. (Apologies if the answers have appeared in other threads
> - I'm finding it hard to keep up!)

No problem, it is very difficult to keep up when things are moving as
rapidly as they have been.  LayoutBasics is pretty well up-to-date, and
we probably need a LayoutIntermediate and LayoutAdvanced pages soon... :-)

> To include the contents of the Wiki page:
> <!--PageText-->

Yes.

> To include something like a sidebar:
> <!--wiki:Main.SomePage-->

Yes.

> The templates you have available also show other comments, like
> <!--PageFooterFmt-->. Do these have any significance, or are they just
> there to say to template users/authors "hey, here's the footer that used
> to be in $PageFooterFmt"?

A directive like <!--PageHeaderFmt--> actually causes the text that
follows (up to the next section marker comment) to be placed in
$PageHeaderFmt.  More to the point, anything in the
<!--PageHeaderFmt--> section will be suppressed if the wiki markup
contains [[noheader]].  If there's no <!--PageHeaderFmt--> marker
in the template, then [[noheader]] won't have any effect.
Similar things are true for PageFooterFmt/[[nofooter]] and
PageTitleFmt/[[notitle]].

> Also, PmWiki.LayoutVariables now only mentions $PageTemplateFmt. Is
> $PageLayoutFmt now totally gone? Just deprecated, but still supported?

It's gone from the distribution, but its functionality can be restored
by loading an external module that I'll put in the Cookbook if anyone
asks for it.