[Pmwiki-users] advanced? features on IIS server?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 23 12:35:07 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:00:31AM -0800, Bill Frolik wrote:

> To get the mail working, I added an ini_set() in mailposts.php:
>
> SDV($SMTPServer,"mail.lynxense.com"); // 2/22/04 bf at cdivia
> ini_set('SMTP',$SMTPServer); // 2/22/04 bf at cdivia
> $MailPostsFunction($MailPostsTo,$MailPostsSubject,
>   str_replace('$MailPostsList',join('',$mailpost),$MailPostsMessage),
>   $MailPostsHeaders);
> ini_restore('SMTP'); // 2/22/04 bf at cdivia
>
> When I ran into this same problem some months back on other project,
> I found that the PHP installation wanted to talk SMTP to localhost
> but we needed to use our own virtual SMTP server instead.

Bill-

Many thanks for the information.  It seems to me that you should
be able to simply add

   ini_set('SMTP','mail.lynxense.com');

to your local/config.php and not make any modifications to the
mailposts.php script.  Would it be too much trouble for if I asked
you to check this for me?  I'd like to update the MailPosts
documentation with this information if it does work.

Thanks!

Pm