[Pmwiki-users] possible regexp hiccup?

Bob Dively dive
Mon Feb 23 18:18:26 CST 2004

Check out

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/DiffAndPatchForWindows

In the first section of this page, there are some indented
lines to be placed in one's config.php to point PmWiki to
Windoze versions of diff and patch. Find the line which says

$SysPatchCmd = 'C:\\"Program
Files"\\GnuWin32\\bin\\patch --silent';

Ok, so far so good. Now click the Edit Page link and find
the line in the edit box. You'll see (unless someone has
changed it by now :-) )

    [=
    $SysDiffCmd = 'C:\\"Program
Files"\\GnuWin32\\bin\\diff';
    $SysPatchCmd = 'C:\\"Program
Files"\\GnuWin32\\bin\\patch --silent'; =]

Various email readers will probably wrap that funny, but you
get the idea. Now remove the space between the semi-colon
and the =] at the end of those lines. Now Preview the page
and find the $SysPatchCmd in the Preview section below the
edit box. No semi-colon. Putting the space back and
previewing again returns the semi-colon. I can't duplicate
this on my own install which is still 0.6.0.

-b