[Pmwiki-users] What should happen here?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 24 08:59:55 CST 2004

I need some suggestions on two issues:

1.  Where should the browser be taken after deleting a page

2.  Where should the browser go if a reader clicks on the group name of
    of a page and no group home page exists?

Background for #1:  Currently, when someone deletes a page in PmWiki,
the browser ends up being returned to the site's "home page",
which is often confusing, especially if the site's home page has a
different look than the section they were in when the page is deleted.
What should happen instead?

Background for #2:  As a demonstration, go to the page
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Profiles/Pm to see my profile page.  Then,
click on the "Profiles" link in the group name at the top of the page.
Since there's no page named Profiles.Profiles or Profiles.HomePage
(i.e. no page at the URL http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Profiles),
PmWiki is sends the browser back to the site home page, which is
at least confusing and probably just wrong.  What should happen instead?

Thus far my best guess for #2 is that the browser should go ahead and
be shown the non-existent Profiles/Profiles page, which would then
say "Describe Profiles? here." to prompt creation of the page.

I can probably come up with ideas for #1 but would like to hear others'
opinions and suggestions.