[Pmwiki-users] Multiple questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 24 09:07:01 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:50:37AM -0000, Pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Sorry for munging these together but...
>
> Q1. Is it possible to to disable the inlining of image links?  I want to use
> Attach:MyImage.gif and just get a link, not an inline image.

It's a bit of a hack, but [[Attach:MyImage.gif MyImage.gif ]] works.  Note
the extra space before the ending ']]' -- PmWiki only does inlining
of image links if the text ends in '.gif', '.jpg', etc. and the space
here prevents that.

> Q2. Is it possible to link to a document attached to a different group?
> I.E. in Group1 "Attach:Group2/MyDocument.pdf".  I tried that and it gives a
> link to Group2 with /MyDocument.pdf as trailing text.

It's not a feature as yet but could be added.  I hadn't come up with a
good/reliable syntax for grabbing pages from other groups.  However,
Christian Ridderstr?m's extensions to the Upload capabilities may be
able to do the trick or already provided a solution to this problem.

> Q3. Is it possible to change the link delimiter? I.E. If I do [[File Name
> with spaces.doc Text I want do display]] I a link to "File" with the text
> "Name with spaces.doc Text I want do display".  Maybe something like [[File
> Name with spaces.doc|Text I want do display]]?

Spaces aren't valid in URLs, they have to be replaced with '+' or '%20'.
So the syntax would be something like

   [[File+Name+with+spaces.doc Text I want do display]]

although I suspect you probably meant

   [[Attach:File+Name+with+spaces.doc Text I want do display]]

However, it would be possible to create a local customization such
that

   Attach:"File Name with spaces.doc" and
   [[Attach:"File Name with spaces.doc" Text I want do display]]

both work.