[Pmwiki-users] Yet another Win32-IIS-diff/patch question.

Bob Dively dive
Tue Feb 24 13:13:07 CST 2004

Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org> wrote:
> Bob Dively wrote:
>
>> I have PmWiki up and running on Win32/IIS except for page
>> history. And I'm stuck. I have GnuWin32's current diff
>> and patch installed in C:\GnuWin32\bin\. In an effort to
>> eliminate security from the equation I've given Everyone
>> and the IUSR_MACHINENAME accounts Full Control
>> permissions to that directory. PHP 4.3.4 is installed
>> and being called through CGI by IIS. In my
>> local/config.php file I have:
>>
>> $SysDiffCmd="C:\\GnuWin32\\bin\\diff.exe";
>> $SysPatchCmd="C:\\GnuWin32\\bin\\patch.exe --silent";
>>
>> Any ideas at all? I've also have the cygwin binaries
>> installed and have tried called them from
>> local/config.php, also without any luck.
>>
>> -b
>>

> You could also test my PHP implementation of diff and
> patch. There's a link on

Nils, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, this install of
PmWiki is running on a pretty skinny box, so if you diff
engine is memory hungry I don't think I'll be able to use
it.

> What is the maximum number of lines that you have in one
> wiki?

That's a somewhat hard question to answer. I have some pages
where there are technically just a few lines that a very big
paragraphs with 1000s of characters. I also have some pages
that have many lines that are just a few characters (usually
code snippets).

-b