[Pmwiki-users] editing tips in edit view

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 24 15:24:23 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:08:27PM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:

> How do i replace the table in there with a div? I don't think i
> understand the escaping yet. Also, there's no close table </table>, row
> or cell declarations. Are they implicit? Can a close div </div> be
> implicit as well?

Row and cell declarations are always implicit in PmWiki's advanced table
markup, because I didn't want to require authors to worry about closing their
tables.  The closing markup for [[table]] is either [[tableend]], a subsequent
[[table]] markup, or the end of the page.

At present PmWiki doesn't have a mechanism or markup to generate divs,
and I'm not sure how it ought to be done.  It'd be relatively easy
to introduce a [[div]] markup, similar to [[table]], but for a variety
of reasons I'd want to impose the restriction that divs and tables
don't nest.

Beyond that, I think there ought to be a better way to create and
control divs from the wiki markup, but I haven't found one yet.  Sorry.