[Pmwiki-users] Re: Skins

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 25 19:23:55 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:59:58AM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> Pm wrote:
> >[...]  I've even been able to set a cookie to
> >keep the skin change for all other pages, but I have that customization
> >turned off at the moment.
>
> [...]
> Maybe my problem is that, while I did expect to see the skin in action
> when viewing it, I did not expect the skin to stay in action when I
> didn't expressly tell the site "I want to use this skin".

Indeed, which is why I turned this particular feature off.  I've
since created a cookbook script [1] that shows how one can change
the skin of the current page by adding a '?skin=' query parameter,
or change the skin of all subsequent pages via a '?setskin=' parameter.
It's pretty straightforward.

1.  http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/SkinChange