[Pmwiki-users] intuitive learning

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Feb 26 10:10:59 CST 2004

> Just don't surround your attachments with [[...]] and you'll get
> something like "Attach:my_file_here.pdf" as a link in the document.

Err.... oh.  Okay .. so, we are creating wiki links and wiki directives
*without* any brackets at all now?

Can I suggest we update this syntax so it's more in line with the rest of
the [[wiki_directive]]s?

> Or you could use the double brackets to give a more descriptive name:
> [[Attach:persfile.doc List of Personnel]]  The "Attach:" markup is
> really just an Intermap link.  See
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/InterMap

Which makes my request (above) even more pressing.  It works as expected if
we add text to it, but not if we just want a simple file reference?

I'm sure there must be a good reason for this .. I'm just not seeing it.

By the way, I think the idea of generating a Footnotes section at the bottom
of very cool - I can see that being used a lot (especially for file
attachments and the like).  Only one small concern is, I'm worried that all
these "background check" (as Patrick put it in one of his previous posts) is
going to eventually catch up with us .. This is such a cool idea (in my
opinion) I'd like to see it part of the core, but on the other hand,
including it at the expense of "more checks" .. doesn't feel right.  Chalk
one more up for the CookBook I guess.

include_once("enable_footnotes.php");                         :-)

--S