[Pmwiki-users] Marker for minor edits on RecentChanges

Bob Dively dive
Fri Feb 27 06:46:46 CST 2004

Mathias Dzionsko <madz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Is it possible to mark pages with only minor edits in
> RecentChanges?

This is a useful question, I think. Maybe we could have a
page that contained a listing of only pages where the minor
change checkbox was left unchecked, i.e.,
RecentChangesMajor. Or maybe RecentChanges should be that
and there should be RecentChangesAll and RecentChangesMinor.
A page without the minor changes would be useful to casual
site users who aren't going to be concerned that I fixed
some punctuation on five different pages, but still want to
catch up on significant changes to the site's content. Of
course, the difference should be clear to admins and
housekeepers to prevent vandals from cloaking their dirty
work by checking the minor change box.

Some other ideas of varying degrees of utility and
difficulty:

* Using a cookie to track the datetime of a user's last
visit and differentiating on RecentChanges between "new" and
"old" changes. Possibly more work than it's worth.

* Some sort of all-groups listing of changes. If a site has
a number of groups, it might be easier for housekeeper users
to see all of the pages that have changed in a site on one
list. [Does $EnableMailPosts do something like this? I've
never turned it on.]

-b