[Pmwiki-users] Re: Problems with Passwords

Greg Morgan Cybie
Fri Feb 27 13:06:56 CST 2004

How is PHP configured on your machine?  If PHP is setup as a CGI script
instead of an ISAPI module then HTTP authentication will not work.  If
that's the case you'll need to enable sessionauth.php.. Put this somewhere
in your local/config.php file
include_once("scripts/sessionauth.php");

If you're not sure if you're running as CGI or not stick this line in your
local/config.php file
$EnableDiag=1;
Then go to your page but use action=phpinfo.
(http://yoursite/pmwiki.php?action=phpinfo)
This will run the standard phpinfo() function which you can use to see how
php is configured.