[Pmwiki-users] The Future Of %Styles%

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat Feb 28 10:44:50 CST 2004

Just a quick heads up .. based on the excellent code Pm provided me in a previous post, I'm working on a simple extension to the existing %styles% syntax to include better .css support.

That way you can do stuff like:  %strike%this is struck%%, or %uline%this is underline%% etc, instead of the '''this is bold''' and this is ''italic'' syntax which is currently being used.

I only have one question/concern .. is the current % character going to cause problems with actual percentages in css declarations?  For example, if I said:

%define=mybigfont font-size=200%%

Now, will PmWiki think I'm saying to make my font-size 200, or 200%?  If this is the case, maybe we should re-think the %style% syntax now before it's too late?

I think we're running out of keys on the keyboard :-)

I think tilde isn't a bad choice, as in       ~define=mybigfont font-size=200%~

The tilde itself is sort of stylish .. I think it fits.  I know it's hard to type on some keyboards, but that's besides the point.  You'll get used to it <:)

--S