[Pmwiki-users] %class=something% (was Re: Extending ...)

Nathan Jones nathanj
Sun Feb 29 16:48:43 CST 2004

Pm wrote:
>> 	%class=myCoolStyle%Some random text bla bla%%
>
>No problem, I can add that also.  Just remember that it applies
>classes to inline text (<span>...</span>) and doesn't generate blocks
>(<div>...</div>).

To be honest, I hadn't thought much about which elements the classes are
attached to. I just want to be able to define generic classes:

.class { property: value; }

...and be reasonably sure that they will work when I use them:

%class=class% Text and stuff here...

There are probably times when a way to apply a class to a block is
required, but if we can at least apply classes to inline text to start
with, that will offer a lot more flexibility to those of us using PmWiki
to maintain normal web sites rather than collaborative wikis.

--
Nathan Jones