[Pmwiki-users] text dropout in IE

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jan 4 08:23:05 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 05:29:21AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Ultimately I want to preserve the concept that a blank line in the
> > wiki markup becomes a blank line in the XHTML output.
>
> Why? Or rather, maybe you could explain how you think it should work?
> The way it works right now seem fine to me...

The way it works now is the way I think it should work.  Perhaps I should've
said that "a sequence of blank lines in the wiki markup become a blank line
in the XHTML output".

> > Another idea might be to eliminate <p> tag altogether, converting sequences
> > of blank lines into a <br /><br /> sequence.
>
> Wouldn't using <br> affect placement of figures/tables as well?

Umm, I don't think so.  It'd only affect those if it was <br clear='all'>,
a normal <br> tag ought to work.

> Is there a page where the different alternatives are discussed? It's been
> a while now and I've forgotten what they are...

I'll see if I can go back through the mailing list archives and build a page
of the alternatives.