[Pmwiki-users] customizations

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jan 4 21:28:03 CST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> However, my vision of author tracking
> will likely have it integrated into the core pmwiki.php and not as a
> separate cookbook module, just because it'll make more sense that way.

I agree (and look forward to it :-)

> My current development plan for PmWiki (in the 0.6.beta series):
>    CSS-based layouts
>    page caching
>    author tracking
>    improved newline handling
>    PHP-based diff/patch

I wasn't around before the 0.5 series, but I must say that I
appreciate you letting us know what you're working on.

Could I ask why you want PHP-based diff/patch?  (One drawback is of
course having to implement something again).

Is it to make the installation independent of other software?
Or so that pmwiki.php doesn't have to be allowed to execute other programs?

It would be nice if it would be possible to _also_ use an external program
to manage different versions of a file in the future. I looked briefly at
the HandleDiff() in pmwiki.php, but I couldn't figure out what it does :-(

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr